Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Practical Bag By Grand Revival

I must confess that I am a newbie when it comes to sewing. Nevertheless, I decided to invest in a sewing machine which didn't just do the basic straight stitch and zigzag but something that could do more so that it would "grow" with me. After looking around, I jumped at the opportunity when Spotlight had a recent sale and bought the Brother Innovis 900.


It's a great little machine so far! I was able to embroider my kids initials on their towels just by pushing a few buttons, and I have made a couple of bags so far without any hitches!

The truth is, the bags are really simple to do and a basic sewing machine that can do a straight stitch will get the job done. Seriously.

Here is a practical bag (using Heather Bailey's Peonies Rose) I made with the help of my aunt (who made the Ava Bag recently).

We added a couple of extra touches like the pink bias trim on the top curve and a pocket inside the bag to hold little items as well. It was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment